Finally a new post 🙂 Sorry to keep you waiting, but this Cheesy Spiralized Turnip and Chicken Bake is worth the wait! Don’t let this dish fool you…it might taste indulgent but it is actually diet-friendly! Give it a try and fool your family into getting extra veggies in that they will actually want to eat!
- Ceramic Baker
- Baking sheet
- Peeler or large knife
- Large microwavable bowl
Ingredients, per serving
- 3.5 oz fat free chicken breast (cubed)
- 6-8 oz turnip (spiralized)
- 14 g light mozzarella cheese
- 30 g fat free cream cheese
- 2 oz pure tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- Spices: salt, pepper, paprika, bbq seasoning
- Set your oven to 400 F. In a bowl, coat the cubed chicken in your seasoning blend, then put a piece of aluminum foil covered in pam on a baking sheet, place your chicken on the sheet, and bake for 8-12 minutes (until golden brown). Set aside when cooked.
- Next, you’ll peel your turnips and chop off the ends. Secure the prepped turnip in your spiralizer using a 3-5mm insert and crank out your “noodles”.
- Measure out your serving of spiralized turnips in a large microwaveable bowl, then add the tomato sauce, cream cheese, garlic, and lots of seasoning. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir until everything is well-mixed.
- Take your ceramic baker, spray it lightly with pam, and evenly lay down the contents of your bowl in the dish. Put it in the oven for around 10 minutes (until the noodles are soft but not watery). Take it out, add your cooked chicken and cheese on top, then bake again for another 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 295
- Macros: 25c/32p/6f