Spiralizing vegetables is one of the tastiest ways to get extra servings of veggies in for the day, and avoid high carb pastas. This dish takes under 30 minutes and its super satisfying and nutritious! If you are on a low-carb or low-calorie diet, this recipe is totally worth a try. Read below to find out how to make my Simple Chicken and Zoodles in Tomato Sauce!
What you’ll need:
Ingredients (per serving):
- 8 oz spiralized zucchini
- 4 oz 99% fat-free chicken breast tenderloins
- 3 oz plain canned tomato sauce
- 14 g shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 clove garlic
- spices: Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning
- Kernel Seasons Bacon Cheeader Seasoning
- Cut the ends off your zucchini and spiralize, using a 3-5mm size spiralizer blade. I typically use two small zucchinis or one large zucchini per serving. I measure each serving of zucchini spirals because you will need more than you think. They cook down dramatically, so even though 8 oz of raw spirals looks like a lot, it will be a normal portion size when fully cooked.
- Coat your chicken in the bacon cheddar seasoning along with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. I grilled my chicken, but baking would work just as well (400 F for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of chicken).
- While your chicken is cooking, spray pam in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add your garlic. Once it starts to sizzle, add in your raw zucchini noodles and turn down the heat to medium. Sautee until they are soft, it usually takes 3-4 minutes.
- Add seasonings and tomato sauce to your pot and lower heat. Stir then cover for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once your chicken and zoodle are done, plate, top with cheese and serve!
- 240 calories
- Macros: 6f/17c/32p